After a surgically induced hiatus, Ben and Joel return and welcome their friend Rick Henderson, managing editor of The John Locke Foundation's Carolina Journal.
Topics covered in this podcast:
• What is with Ben's squirrel obsession?
• What are the flaws with President Obama's jobs plans?
• What can a liberal like about the plan?
• Why isn't the Fed doing more to push job creation?
• Is unemployment or inflation a bigger threat to the economy?
• What's the conservative plan for fixing the economy?
• Can the Supercommittee save us?
• Is AttackWatch.com a sign of Nixonian Big Brother paranoia on the part of the Obama Administration?
• Or is it simple political discourse in the 21st century?
• Are fact-checking operations really checking facts?
• Are liberals ready to join the Ralph Nader bandwagon?
• Have you ever voted for a presidential candidate with unalloyed joy?
The music of R.E.M. is heard in this podcast:
• "What's the Frequency Kenneth?"
• "Man on the Moon"
• "The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight"
• "Everybody Hurts"
• "Losing My Religion"